Developmental Disabilities Community Services
We’re here for families with special needs.
How can we help?
- Individual & family supports
- Personal companion & respite services
- Psychological services/positive behavior support
- Flexible Family Fund
- Care coordination
- Supported living services
- Referrals for immunizations, annual physicals, & affordable primary care for all ages
- Transition planning for high school graduates
- Vocational services
- Waiver services
- Court liaison services
- Crisis intervention
Did you know?
- If you suspect a child or adult has a developmental disability, you can contact us to determine eligibility for services. We will complete an assessment and a plan of support and inform you of available services.
- We can help you plan for your family’s future service needs today.
- It’s never too early to sign up for support or Waiver services.
- Interpreting services are available upon request.
- If your eligible individual’s family situation has changed and you need new support, you can reconnect with JPHSA.
- In the event of an after-hours emergency, Mobile Crisis Services are available at 504-832-5123.
How much does it cost?
Developmental disabilities services and supports are offered without charge.
(Individuals with developmental disabilities who require certain behavioral health services may be assessed fees for those services. When fees are charged, we welcome individuals with Medicaid. If you don’t have Medicaid, we are still dedicated to helping you access the services you need. JPHSA’s sliding fee scale is based on household income and size. Please call 504-838-5424 for more information.)
News & Announcements
Due to social distancing requirements, the quarterly Jefferson Parish Developmental Disabilities Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) meetings will be held virtually until further notice.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
January 26, 2021
April 27, 2021
For more resources available in our community, check out the JPHSA Community Resource Guide.