Developmental Disabilities Community Services
We’re here for families with special needs.
How can we help?
- Individual & family supports
- Personal companion & respite services
- Psychological services/positive behavior support
- Flexible Family Fund
- Care coordination
- Supported living services
- Referrals for immunizations, annual physicals, & affordable primary care for all ages
- Transition planning for high school graduates
- Vocational services
- Waiver services
- Court liaison services
- Crisis intervention
Did you know?
- If you suspect a child or adult has a developmental disability, you can contact us to determine eligibility for services. We will complete an assessment and a plan of support and inform you of available services.
- We can help you plan for your family’s future service needs today.
- It’s never too early to sign up for support or Waiver services.
- Interpreting services are available upon request.
- If your eligible individual’s family situation has changed and you need new support, you can reconnect with JPHSA.
- In the event of an after-hours emergency, Mobile Crisis Services are available at 504-832-5123.
How much does it cost?
Developmental disabilities services and supports are offered without charge.
(Individuals with developmental disabilities who require certain behavioral health services may be assessed fees for those services. When fees are charged, we welcome individuals with Medicaid. If you don’t have Medicaid, we are still dedicated to helping you access the services you need. JPHSA’s sliding fee scale is based on household income and size. Please call 504-838-5424 for more information.)
Developmental Disabilities Calendar
Want to know what’s going on in and around Jefferson Parish? Check out our calendar of events, seminars, camps, meetings, and other I/DD-focused happenings!
Developmental Disabilities Regional Advisory Committee (DDRAC)
The Jefferson Parish DDRAC provides public input and makes recommendations to JPHSA’s Developmental Disabilities Community Services division. Quarterly meetings are held during the first month of each quarter, on the last Tuesday of the month from 2-4 p.m. Current meeting agendas and minutes are available to the public here.
2022 Meeting Dates
January 24, 2023
April 25, 2023
July 25, 2023
October 24, 2023
Want to serve on the Jefferson Parish DDRAC? Apply by completing this online application form.
News & Announcements
People who are homebound for any reason can call the Louisiana Vaccine Hotline at 1-855-453-0774 to request a provider bring a COVID-19 vaccine directly to their home.
For more resources available in our community, check out the JPHSA Community Resource Guide.